It's week four here at the UofC; midterms begin next week. Things were pretty hectic for awhile, what with finalizing schedules, soccer practice, internship stuff and whatnot. This past Friday we had the Harris School Follies, which has been a huge relief to my schedule. Every year, a group of students gets together and writes a comedy sketch about life at the Harris School and then performs it as a fundraiser for Women in Public Policy (the money goes to a fund to provide "scholarships" for attending conferences). I wrote and "starred" in a few of the skits and for the last few weeks have been at rehearsal nearly every evening. Below are some photos and a clip from the sketch I helped write (with friends Meredith and Leslie) from one of our rehearsals. Our Math Camp professor, John Boller, played himself. Once we get the tape from the actual show, I'll try to post it up here.
I played the part of Ellen Cohen, our Dean of Students. Hence, this awesome wig:

The rest of the folks in this photo are Antonio, Erin, Christine, John Boller and Meredith. You might recognize them from the video above.
Otherwise, school is pretty good. I must have learned
something last quarter, as I actually almost feel like I know what I'm doing now. And thankfully, I even have a few papers to write -- my life is not quite so math-centric as it was for a few months there. Whew.
No comments:
Post a Comment