Eric seems to be enjoying boot camp. This week he wrote that "Actually, it's quite beautiful because I get to stare out DIRECTLY at the sunset behind the palm trees during hygiene inspection... it's like I'm on vacation every night!"
When he comes home on leave, he said he is not too picky as long as he gets to see all his loved ones. So to honor his request, we will have an open house for him on Sunday the 16th. I suggested waiting til the second weekend he was home but he said he would prefer Sunday because by the second weekend he hopes to have seen most people. I know some of you will be unavailable but I hope to talk Carrie into having a family gathering the second weekend. (hint, hint) You would get to spend more 1-on-1 time with the new Marine.
I would love it if any who have received letters from Eric could bring them. Eric is such an entertaining writer. Remember his stories he sold in grade school? (Yes, Laura. You are a good writer also)
For those interested, that weekend (14-16) is also Katie's play and the Indiana State Fair.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
plus, Katie sings at the state fair on the 15th around noon....
The Rileys would love to have everyone over the 22nd!! Everyone plan on it!
That's great news all around!
I can be there the 22nd. Looking forward to hearing the stories!!
Count us in! Can't wait!
We'll be there on the 22nd! Sounds like a great time.
Post a Comment