Monday, November 1, 2010

Adios!

As you've probably gathered, I'll be heading to Bahrain tomorrow for a nice long trip to the Middle East. We will have a chance to visit some other countries and do plenty of training while gone. There's even mention of us visiting Petra, which you may recall seeing during the last part of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. If I find the Holy Grail, I'll try and sneak it back for you without having the structure cave in on me.

I should have decent internet connection while gone, but there may be times when I'm out of contact for stretches of time. I will try and keep you updated on the more exciting points of my trip via the blog, though. Otherwise, I would like to say thanks for all the well wishes and prayers, it makes a world of difference. I'll be doing the same for you all as well. Be sure to take care of yourselves and have a fine time while I'm gone. I look forward to seeing you all when I get back!!

7 comments:

Carrie said...

be safe - take care and know that many prayers from Avon are heading your way -

Pops & Tutu said...

Love and prayers are going with you. Will be waiting to hear from you.

Laura Williams said...

Say hello to the Knights Templar for me!

Did you get to learn much (any) Arabic for your trip? If so: I'm jealous.

Also, I hear there's a pretty cool fountain off the coast of the capital. AND National Day is 16 December -- better start thinking about how you'll celebrate.

Oh, and don't forget, no alcohol in public. I"d rather not have my brother be the subject of one of those weird military/diplomatic incidents that we hear about all the time around here...

Angela said...

God Bless Eric! We will be thinking of you, praying for you, and looking forward to seeing you when you get back. Stay safe and enjoy the adventure. Godspeed.

Karen said...

Wishing you safe travels and exciting adventures (well, maybe not TOO much excitement!). Know that you have many who hold you close in their hearts and many prayers will be lifted up for you and your fellow Marines. I have a whole new class of 6th graders who would be honored to write to a "real live Marine" serving overseas. When you have an address to which mail can be sent, let me know and we'll start the letters coming! Take good care, Eric!

David said...

cornhole, cool adult beverages & perhaps a cigar await your return.

Unknown said...

Stay safe Eric. We will be praying for you and look forward for your return. Hopefully you will have many interesting things to share with us when you get back.