Hello hello!
We're about three weeks underway here so that means we're starting to settle into a routine. They keep us busy aboard the ship, which is actually a good thing even though it causes a lot of belly-aching from most of the guys. We have to maintain our weapons or vehicles daily, then get classes on any range of subjects (lately it's been Arabic, patrolling, threat weapons, and country briefs), prepare our own classes to teach to the company, teach classes to my squad, work out daily, eat, get haircuts, complete assignments, and any other number of dog and pony show acts. But like I said that while it's busy, it does help the time pass.
I found out yesterday that I won the MEU board to get a meritorious promotion to sergeant, which will probably take place on November 2nd. That's a pretty solid deal given all of the Marines I was up against, though I think a lot of my higher-ups did some good politicking in my favor (which of course they can use to make their own fitness reports look better, which I'm fine with!) It's a win-win. It won't change my job any, it will just be a nice little bump to my government pay check.
We're slated to do our first training off-ship fairly soon. It will be nice to stretch the legs on solid ground for a while in a new place, but chances are there will be some misery involved, too. It should be a good experience overall. Other than that, not a lot has happened (unsurprisingly). I hope all is well back in America and I'm wishing I could be there to enjoy it with you!
We're about three weeks underway here so that means we're starting to settle into a routine. They keep us busy aboard the ship, which is actually a good thing even though it causes a lot of belly-aching from most of the guys. We have to maintain our weapons or vehicles daily, then get classes on any range of subjects (lately it's been Arabic, patrolling, threat weapons, and country briefs), prepare our own classes to teach to the company, teach classes to my squad, work out daily, eat, get haircuts, complete assignments, and any other number of dog and pony show acts. But like I said that while it's busy, it does help the time pass.
I found out yesterday that I won the MEU board to get a meritorious promotion to sergeant, which will probably take place on November 2nd. That's a pretty solid deal given all of the Marines I was up against, though I think a lot of my higher-ups did some good politicking in my favor (which of course they can use to make their own fitness reports look better, which I'm fine with!) It's a win-win. It won't change my job any, it will just be a nice little bump to my government pay check.
We're slated to do our first training off-ship fairly soon. It will be nice to stretch the legs on solid ground for a while in a new place, but chances are there will be some misery involved, too. It should be a good experience overall. Other than that, not a lot has happened (unsurprisingly). I hope all is well back in America and I'm wishing I could be there to enjoy it with you!
5 comments:
SO GLAD TO HEAR FROM YOU! Yes, sound like you are kept very busy. Hope you find time to do some reading for pleasure. It is winter here today. Enjoying my little fireplace. Write when you can. Love you
SO GLAD TO HEAR FROM YOU! Yes, sound like you are kept very busy. Hope you find time to do some reading for pleasure. It is winter here today. Enjoying my little fireplace. Write when you can. Love you
So we should expect nicer Christmas gifts, then?
Eric! Congrats- We have never doubted your meritorious nature so no surprise that others recognize that, too. Glad you are keeping busy and making the time pass by. Look forward to the big party we will have when you come home! God Bless.
Good to get an update and get a glimpse into you Daily life.
Post a Comment