Thursday, September 6, 2007

Update on Laura (posted by Moderator Carrie)

As I was "moderating" the posts on the MASHED POTATOES site, I discovered this entry that was never officially posted. With Lisa's permission, I am posting Laura's update. There must have been some computer issue at The Regenstein Library.

Hey, family!

I'm here in The Regenstein Library skipping some career building workshop and waiting on my study group. We're going over the algebra test all of us failed last week so we can (hopefully) pass it in two weeks when it's given again. Boy, do I love grad school.

But seriously, I actually do. Everyone in my class (about 120) is very friendly and, as noted above, several of us have already formed a study group. Some highlights so far have been the city-wide scavenger hunt we had to complete on Tuesday and the pot-luck suppers second years are hosting for small groups of us newbies.

Hyde Park is great -- a few of my friends saw Barack Obama the other day, and there seems to be a good selection of coffee shops and ethnic restaurants. There are at least three REALLY GREAT bookstores, too, which has already proven to be rather threatening to my carefully laid-out budget. Sigh.

So, anyway, I thought I would share a few pictures (of my apartment, the city, from the scavenger hunt) while I had internet access and nothing else to do. I love being able to see what everyone else is up to, even if the tailgating photos instill a bit of jealousy.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

so where are the pictures?

Laura Williams said...

mm...yeah, didn't get those posted... I'll try again later!