Sunday, August 10, 2008

Happenings in and around Avon

Karen asked for it; here it it....
Katie sang "Reflection" from MULAN at the Indiana State Fair yesterday. She truly did a wonderful job. She even impressed me, and I'm her biggest critic! A couple of people came up to us after she sang and asked if she was our daughter (I guess we clapped rather loudly when she finished); then, they proceeded to tell us how great she sounded! I told them she inherited her singing talent from Tutu! Ha!
Em and Katie are getting ready for school to start on Wednesday. Katie cannot wait to find out who is in her class and get the school year started. Emily is bummed because she got stuck with the "meanest girl in school" in her class. Kyle doesn't start school until Sept. 3rd. I am panicking as I think about having to teach AP because I know that those kids are going to be smarter than me. Joe is being Joe - working too much at work and working too much at home. "The Pavillion" is taking shape and should be completed within the next couple of weeks. We are going to have a big family get-together to celebrate it's completion.

The Pavillion at night...

3 comments:

David said...

The Pavillion almost brings a tear to my eye.....someday it will be on the History Channel...."Engineering Marvels of the Avon World"...

Karen said...

We'll be ready for a celebration. Can't wait for another pizza!

Angela said...

Did you get the song recorded? I need to take Katie to "see the man"... Let's cookout and celebrate all the August birthdays that haven't been properly celebrated.. buy your tix, JB...