(They signed my hat, too, which was cool).
Senator Dole met us at the WWII Memorial and spent
a long time talking to the Vets, including Mr. Casebeer, pictured here.
We took 112 vets (110 WWII, 1 Korean, 1 Vietnam) on a Boeing 737, chartered from Bloomington Airport. It was an 18 hour day and I know they had to be tired
but they were so grateful to see their Memorial.
This is Mr. Merrell on the plane ride back. He was career Air (bomber and transport plane) pilot. He, like so many of the men, had so many wonderful stories and all said the Memorial brought back so many memories of the missions --and friends and brothers that were left behind. What an amazing day!!
a long time talking to the Vets, including Mr. Casebeer, pictured here.
but they were so grateful to see their Memorial.
4 comments:
It's awesome to see veterans treated with respect and honor. I bet it was a rewarding day.
did anyone else pick up on the name of Angela's veteran - Mr. "Casebeer"? Ha!
Looks like an awesome day! Sign me up for next year!
Yes, you can sign up to go!!
David... I know there was a comment on here earlier from you- where did it go? Cyber-ghosts?
He got mad because I made an editing comment...sorry, but three days of ISTEP evaluating makes one crazy over misplaced apostrophes. It looks like it was a very moving experience!
Post a Comment