For all of you "city folk," I thought I'd include these pictures from my journey today. Several months ago we took three stools out to this Amish business for repair. The seats on all three were completely ruined (thanks to Taz on two of them!) and rather than pitch them, we thought we'd give this a try. We left them at the shop and the gentleman made the little tag you see in the first picture. He told us they'd be ready in several months and he'd let us know when they were ready. Yesterday a postcard came announcing that they were finished. I had no idea how much they'd be, but I stopped by the bank to get some cash and set out, hoping I could find the farm again. It wasn't as hard to locate as I thought, and sure enough, the chairs were sitting on the front porch (along with lots of kids and dogs). The chairs are better than ever, and I enjoyed the contrast of dealing with the Amish as opposed to today's instant gratification when shopping - nothing online, no prices upfront, and not even a telephone involved - just a good old-fashioned promise and solid workmanship.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
thanks for taking us on that journey with you - very cool!
Post a Comment