I live on a hill. This morning our building had notices posted that we shouldn't venture into the basement, as it is flooded out. It hasn't really stopped raining since then, and we (DC) are not even getting the worst of it...this is nearby Fairfax County (just west of DC), where this evening they have apparently had up to three inches of rain an hour at times.
Luckily, aside from my basement (which rules out doing laundry on-site anytime soon), nothing but an overwhelming dampness for myself and my apartment. Which is a shame -- you'd think with this mess Metro could at least flood a little bit and be a reason to stay home from work. Maybe tomorrow.
3 comments:
Glad you do not have a basement apt. Take it easy and be safe. Love
I wish you could send some of the rain/floods to Greg in north texas...the wors wildfires & drought in decades....
I know! I was really hoping Lee would go that way, rather than ours. Nate looks like it might do some good, though!
Post a Comment