Yes, it's true. My nose is broken.
Not too seriously -- in fact, it's barely noticeable. No visible bruising, just a little swelling, and, as Mom said, there's a slight curve to the right that may or may not be new (or just due to the swelling). Much to my delight, I'm not in too much pain, either.
I've gained some serious street cred due to my sangfroid in the face of injury (no tears!), and I'm pretty sure most of the ER staff were convinced I had been in a knife fight when I walked in - I was covered in blood from head to foot. "Do you have a stomach injury?" asked the check-in nurse. (Luckily Christine had her camera phone on her at the fieldhouse, if anyone's interested I can forward on documentation of my injured state.)
I'm in pretty good hands. Joanna had her car on hand and sat with me at the ER all evening once she and Christine and Monica had dealt with the fieldhouse bureaucracy. Later she and David took me to CVS for painkillers and both of them (and many, many more friends) have been checking up on me all day.
It turns out the Tylenol-3 I was prescribed keeps me awake and focused, which was unpleasant last night but should be good for studying today; I'm mostly taking it easy and catching up on class reading (which goes to show that maybe this is a good thing).
Sadly, it will be a couple of weeks before I'm allowed to play soccer again.
Saturday, November 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sorry you have to go through all this. Are you able to eat and sleep? I am glad you have all those friends to take care of you. Pops and I will keep you in our prayers. Love
We're interested, we want to see some serious gore.
Post a Comment