Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Viewer Discretion is Advised

Joe asked for it....

This is me, in the upper gym of Henry Crown Fieldhouse, shortly after breaking my nose. Some of the gore had already been cleaned up by Christine (also the photographer) in order to make me somewhat presentable at the emergency room.


5 comments:

Pops & Tutu said...

Hope your days are going better. What did you find out at the ent?

David said...

a picture is worth a thousand words....good one!!!

Carrie said...

I'm impressed....that's a lot of blood!

Laura Williams said...

Actually, my nose is not bothering me at all. I haven't needed to take anything for pain since Wednesday morning and the little bruising I had is now nice and yellow (healing!). All the ENT had to say was that, yes, my nose was broken, but that everything else was fine. And unless I was unhappy with the way it set itself (as it's always been set, really) and wanted some plastic surgery to correct that, there was nothing they could do.

Which means I just might resume my soccer career on Friday. (The chances of getting hit in the face again are slim, and even then, said the ENT, it wouldn't necessarily do any additional harm. The fracture hasn't weakened my nose that much. My kind of doctor.)

Unknown said...

That explains why they thought you were injured in the stomach.