After weeks of studying, hours spent in the Reynolds Club (also known as the Great Hall of Hogwarts), and a diet consisting of nothing but take-out for days on end, I am done with my first quarter of graduate school! Studying was surprisingly fun, as everyone I knew had the same tests and so we were all stuck trying to learn 10 weeks worth of material in about three days together. That, and the Midway ice rink opened right after Thanksgiving, which made for very pleasant study breaks. Especially since it is free, and about 30 yards from my school.
Leslie, Christine, James, Francisco and Dalmar
working hard in the Reynolds Club.
But now finals are over and we've got about six inches of snow on the ground. Life is pretty good. I'm not sure how I actually did on any of my tests, but am fairly certain, at least, that none of them were failed. Everyone in my class (just about, anyway) was done with everything by Wednesday evening, so we got together for an end-of-quarter holiday celebration at my buddy Elise's flat up in Lincoln Park. It was a great time, and nice to be done with everything school-related for the first time since moving up here.
Leslie, me, Christine, Meg, Meredith, Elise and
Angie at the (un)official Harris Holiday Party.
I'll be up here in the Windy City for another week or two, taking care of friends' plants and cars, mostly. But I am really excited to head south and see everyone in Paoli for Christmas!!

3 comments:
I'll bet it's a good feeling to have your first semester out of the way, Laura. Enjoy your time in the city before you head home for Christmas!
Did someone have a 3 for 1 sale on perms? Check out Lisa's, mom's, and Angela's hair!?!
Mort, slide me some of those "age-defying" Dow Chemicals!! You have not aged one bit!
Can not wait until you get to Paoli and tell us about your adventures. Love
Post a Comment