So this summer instead of getting a real job I decided to become a blogger. The university graciously assisted me in this endeavor by providing a grant, and so since mid-June I've been busy trying to understand how poverty in and around Chicago works.
After lots of hard preliminary interviews and ride-alongs (and much research at the beach, also known as my office), I've finally launched my website. There still some work to be done (namely, integrating some amount of graphic design and/or other visual interest), but it's up and running for now, and you can expect to find several new posts each week about my adventures in the 'hood, critiques of policy and interviews with the folks who are doing the hard work of trying to end poverty.
Check it out: www.ThePovertyBlog.com
Lw
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That sounds like a very different summer job. Looking forward to seeing you soon.
Post a Comment