It was a class 3 day on the mountain that day and we almost didnt get to go up but we needed to start then.Visibility was a little under 10 feet with sideways rain and fog all day. We only spent a few minutes up top,just enough time to cram down a few powerbars then get back to camp. Round trip was a little under 6 hours,most do it in 8. Not to bad for our first day and doing the largest mountain in Maine.
We are now a little over 2 weeks into our trip. We have made it through the 100 mile wilderness and now hitting towns every few days. The mountains are up next and the first few sets have been challenging but we need to push hard to get our legs for the White Mountains in New Hampshire.
It is July 17th and we have made it into Rangley,ME.,and have covered 223miles. We have been pushing hard and were starting to pass a lot of Southbound hikers. We're doing about 17-20 miles per day and most people are only doing 8-13. For the past week we have been hiking with another couple from Utah. We work well as a group and seem to keep each other spirits high and most important help each other pump out the big miles each day.
I will be setting up a Photobucket account and post the link here so everyone can view our pictures along the way. We will continue to post on here with updates of how we are doing and what is happening on the trail.
4 comments:
wow!! I would never survive, but I enjoy watching your progress! Keep us updated!!
I am envious. How I would LOVE to be able to do this. Thanks for allowing us to live vicariously through Wes and Stacie.
I love reading and seeing your pictures. What an adventure!!
I too have walked 20 miles.....took me about 2 months.
Post a Comment