Jill and I couldn't make it out of town for Thanksgiving due to my work schedule, so we did our best to put on our own little feast. The menu featured steamed carrots, stuffing, rolls, mashed potatoes, gravy, green bean casserole, roast turkey, apple pie, and chocolate ice box cake. We did as much of it homemade as possible, including the ice cream, pie crust, rolls, and even the fried onions in the casserole. I don't think either of us realized how much time would be spent not only cooking, but also doing dishes constantly, Quite an experience!
Then today we got our Christmas decorations in line, though I feel a little bit like a sell-out since we got an artificial tree. It's not my best move ever, but it's more practical for us these next couple years.

Hope everyone's Thanksgiving was great!!
3 comments:
Gee, everything looks so great!! Thanks for sharing the pictures and comments. I got hungry just looking at the food pictures.
wow! That's a lot of food! Leftovers all week, I bet!
Sell out for sure!
Isn't it more difficult to move a fake tree around with you than to get a real and not have to deal with it after January?
Just sayin'...
But everything else looks pretty good. Maybe we should have a family pie bake-off.
Post a Comment