Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Thanks for all the happy birthdays!! To celebrate up here in Chicago, a bunch of friends and I went out to Promontory Point and had a marshmallow roast. It was a fantastic time, as you might see in the next several photos:












Of course, we decided to visit The Cocktail Lounge on our way back home.





Other recent activities, besides problem sets, have included a trip to Hot Doug's, home of delicious gourmet sausages (we had to wait in line for 45 minutes to get in, and it was completely worth it) and girls' night (during which we ate a lot of junk food and tried to learn the moves to a Paula Abdul video...).





















So basically, school is swell. Classes are, as well, though every day I'm wondering exactly why it was I thought taking the more math-intensive "advanced" statistics class was a good idea. It's definitely the hardest class I've ever taken. I also just got accepted onto the staff of the Chicago Policy Review (like a law review, but for policy) as the production manager, which means more work...but work I'll enjoy (hopefully!). It's about mid-term right now and things are really picking up. The weeks are just flying by.

2 comments:

Pops & Tutu said...

Looks like a happy group. Was Jon there? He looked like a cute guy in your other pictures.

Laura Williams said...

John was there, celebrating despite his depression over his girlfriend's returning home after her weekend visit. I think he's in that last marshmallow roast photo.