Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!


In this day of political correctness, we're not allowed to recognize Halloween at school...just the fall season. I hope no one here minds my Halloween greeting.

Anyone have a favorite Halloween memory...maybe something funny or scary to share? What was your favorite costume? Did you ever play a trick on someone? Remember how much Granny loved to see all the trick-or-treaters in her neighborhood? Her area and the Water/Elm Street neighborhood are still the most popular stops in town. Did everyone always go to Dr. Cromwell's to get a new toothbrush?

4 comments:

Pops & Tutu said...

Granny's favorite story was the time her Sunday School class was having a Halloween party at the old E.U.B. church basement. This couple dressed as an old man and woman came in sat down and did't move. They could not be identified by the group. Later she found out it was Dad and her nephew, Banks Daily. I can't imagine Dad doing such a thing.

J.B. said...

what's up with the name?

David said...

Speaking of Granny, I remember one Halloween she decided to put the candy in a bowl on the front porch so she wouldn't have to answer the door....I think all that candy was gone by the 2nd trick or treater..

Carrie said...

no Halloween at school?? bah humbug...I wore my black lipstick and spider earrings to school today..