Sorry to inudate you with so many pictures but I took over 350 and Mort thinks he took as many also. We did so much in such a short period of time. We visited a perfume factory, wineries, churches, the french version of the grand canyon-Gorges du Verdon, and many small villages. We went to Monaco one evening for dinner and stopped by the casino. We went on hikes and climbed mountains. And we shopped. I would have preferred more free time but we signed up for all the optional excursions to see as much as we could. We were the newbies, everyone else had gone of tours before. They said these show you snippets of places and you can decide if it is someplace we would like to go back to for a longer period of time. We were present for the harvests. We watched grapes being brought in to make wine and lavender sold in the markets. There were fresh olives, apples, oranges, etc. We saw an olive tree that was 980 yrs old!
It was great that it was the end of tourist season so things were not very crowded.
The most surprising aspect to me was I did not realize we would be in the Alps. All the homes were made of stone and had working wooden shutters, which were used. I guess if you had been in a war, you would want to be as secure as possible.
I'll stop now, but if you are really interested, I can give you more details, etc. The tour guide had some very funny stories, too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love all your pictures as it allows me to go to France without getting on an airplane!! (could've done without the rabbit pix, though). Can't wait to hear more details.
I LOVE all the pictures (my favorites were the ones taken in the market...it's just as I imagined it)! Thanks for sharing them. How about a travelogue night? You and Mort share pictures and stories from your trip and we'll do our best to serve some food/wine with a French flair.
They look like they were taken by a professional photographer. They look great.
Post a Comment