Sunday, April 20, 2008

prom nite


after checking out the rapids of the Ocoee River, where the '96 olympic kayak event took place - buzzed up to Ducktown Tn in time to get an invite to the jr.-Sr. Ducktown prom. they said they would make us prom king and queen for sure if we went but declined and headed out for more dogwood viewing. Stopped by the Amicalola Falls and the lodge was worth the stop with the views from high above. Covered around 300 miles of mountain riding each day through out the Smokie Mtn. The Dragon is 311 curves in 11 miles, do the math on this one. U could view pics on Killboy.com if you would, look at 17 April for my pics of riding the dragon on the net. bike is back in the garage for now -- more pics later, had a pic of fly fisherman for mort but didn't do a very good job of photo and they didn't turn out but saw several guys thigh deep fishing.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Lisa said...

The photos are on page 14 of "cruisers-full dressers" for everyone else. I had to look through a lot since JB wasn't very specific. Looks like a beautiful time to be on the bike. I think I enjoy your entries more than anyone else. Your life style is enviable.

Unknown said...

I forgot about the man-made kayak rapids. Do they get used much?

David said...

the math on that is 28.3 curves per mile...sounds like a circle...